Panorama Stitcher is available on the Mac App Store since version 1.7. This page contains notes both for the current and the earlier releases.
- Support for slightly varying source image sizes.
- Added a correction for not perfectly centered lenses.
- Fixed a bug with secondary screen.
- Minimum window size is reduced for better usability on smaller screens.
- Algorithm fine tuning based on user feedback.
- New UI, developed from the ground up. Hardware accelerated panorama projection and crop editors.
- Lens shading correction and better exposure levelling.
- Faster rendering.
- Grid lines are added to the crop and the projection editors.
- Drag and drop of source images to the dock icon is supported.
- Manual crop rectangle is now preserved after projection updates.
- Setting as an external editor in other apps is now possible.
- Default file name for a panorama is suggested based on source image names.
- Warning when stitching images of incompatible dimensions.
- Projection type is suggested based on panorama field of view.
- Final panorama resolution is calculated more accurately.
Several bugs were fixed:
- EXIF date was written incorrectly in some time zones.
- EXIF keywords are collected from all source images.
- A crash while saving more than 500 Megapixel panoramas is fixed.
- Many more stability improvements.
- New rendering engine
- Reduction of inconsistencies from moving objects (people, tree branches, and the like)
- Correction of small to moderate radial lens distortions to reduce seam visibility.
- Robustness and performance improvements. For example, export of typical panorama in the reduce blur mode requires almost half of disk space (for caches) and time of those of previous version.
- EXIF metadata preservation. Tags from original photos are combined and saved in the panorama.
- Preferences for the exported panorama background color and default crop mode were added.
- Support of full screen mode (only OS X Lion and later)
- Fixed bugs:
- Crash was possible while exporting large TIFF files.
- Last import directory was not remembered in some cases.
- French localization added.
- Export to TIFF was switched to integer 16 bit format instead of 32 bit floats.
- Drag and drop now works for the full app window, not only thumbnail area.
- Fixed several bugs. The most notable:
- Highlights were unnecessarily clipped on export.
- Auto horizon straightening for case of almost identical camera rotations between photos was inaccurate.
- Improved algorithm of automatic horizon straightening.
- Output images are now saved with at least 300 DPI.
- Bug fixes.
- Improved rendering of overexposed panorama areas.
- General stability fixes.
- Russian localization added.
- Support for different export formats, including TIF, EXR and PNG with transparency.
- Fixed bugs:
- Hang when drag and drop files into panel with already matched group of images.
- Export to an existing image fails.
- Controls now look better under Lion.
- Lion sandboxing is enabled.
- Updated screenshots in help.
- Fixed bugs:
- Source image thumbnails sometimes disappear.
- Bugfix release.
- ‘New’ menu item now works not only when document window is closed.
- Matching algorithm tuning.
- Rendering of overexposed images is improved.
- Initial public release (BETA).
- Main features: automatic panorama matching, projection editor, cropping modes.
Copyright 2010-2016 Alexander Boltnev, Olga Kacher.